Tzt3 16 wiring questions

Hemlock_SF

Hello all, getting ready to start my install in 2 weeks and a few set up questions not covered in the manual. I am replacing an existing Raymarine system that was wired to a fuse block that is shut off by the battery switch the boat is not in use. The wiring diagram in the manual says direct to battery, will there be a problem if the new system does not have constant battery current?

Question 2 is, can the radar antenna be turned off / paused from the MFD’s? I have seen some reviews that the antenna can be a little bit noisy and I would like to have the option to pause it.

System:
2 tzt3 16s
Drs25NXT/4
Navpilot300
Scx20
Dff3d
165t-b54 (back ordered but supposed to arrive in 2 weeks)
B265lh

Hemlock_SF":h1w08niu said:
Hello all, getting ready to start my install in 2 weeks and a few set up questions not covered in the manual. I am replacing an existing Raymarine system that was wired to a fuse block that is shut off by the battery switch the boat is not in use. The wiring diagram in the manual says direct to battery, will there be a problem if the new system does not have constant battery current?

Question 2 is, can the radar antenna be turned off / paused from the MFD’s? I have seen some reviews that the antenna can be a little bit noisy and I would like to have the option to pause it.

System:
2 tzt3 16s
Drs25NXT/4
Navpilot300
Scx20
Dff3d
165t-b54 (back ordered but supposed to arrive in 2 weeks)
B265lh

I am not sure you are interpreting the wiring diagram correctly. It is standard practice to wire all of the electronics to a dedicated fuse block or breaker panel. Don't worry about it, just make sure that each device has the correct fuse size. When you shut down, be sure to use the power button on one of the MFDs to power down the network before you turn off the power supply with the battery switch.

You are right that the DRS25A-NXT is somewhat noisy in standby. You cannot power the pedestal down from the TZT3 unfortunately. All you can do is switch from transmit to standby so the internal fan in the pedestal is still humming. What I did on mine was put a switch on the power supply for the radar. The only problem is that the system will give you a radar missing alert that you will need to clear if the radar was powered when you booted up the MFDs..

Back