TZT3 16 Frozen at Startup

Cabo92

Furuno Fan
Have 2 16's and the stbd shutdown offshore. Turned back on, cycled power breaker ect. and the unit is still stuck on the startup screen. Software Version 195213-02.01. Any suggestions ?

A shutdown of that nature is typically from heat or voltage. Being stuck on the startup screen sounds like the processor could be damaged or locked up.
First thing to try is to make sure you have good voltage and it's not overheated, then a reset, updating the software, and resetting again. Sometimes this can clear the problem. If it doesn't, then send it in to the repair center for evaluation.
Whatever the result, ensure you have good ventilation and proper voltage.

Voltage is good steady at 13.2, going to try the master reset and a software update using a usb drive. My version is 2 updates behind, talked to furuno tech support and he said that Wifi updating is not available. The unit just tells you that your version is up to date when really its not receiving the updates. He says that capability wont be online till end of the year or next and only USB updating works. Hope this info helps others

I had a similar issue. Basically the MFD would power up but it would never progress beyond the brushed nickel colored furuno splash page.

In my case, I had old batteries where the voltage was perilously low and the MFD froze. The standard power down/up cycle resulted in the above issue. Talked with Furuno tech support at length over many days and they couldn't make heads or tails of it. Replaced the house battery and tested the voltage was sufficient at all points to no avail.

It appears that somehow the boot file was corrupted. At least that's what it was acting like. Downloading the latest update (which includes a boot file) and booting from the USB drive resolved this issue for me straight away.

I went to the website and the only software update I see for the TZT3 is 2.05? The support tech said there's 3.12, where do I find the latest update?

Cabo92":14z5een3 said:
I went to the website and the only software update I see for the TZT3 is 2.05? The support tech said there's 3.12, where do I find the latest update?

https://furunousa.com/en/support/TZT16F

Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Software for TZT16F. you will find instructions and the download there. It is the same for all of the TZT3 product line.

Downloaded from the above link which says 3.01 but the title of the file downloaded is V 2.05? Also after unzipping the status of all the files have a error symbol next to them

Updated both of my units and did the factory reset, seems to have solved my issue for now but need to go fishing (unit on for several hours) to find out if it's an overheating heating problem

Update the screen is now full of static after about 2 hrs off being on, all the functions are working radar bottom machine chart but it's like the screen is going out. Any suggestions ?

I would send it into service in Camas. It sounds like something going wrong with the hardware. As far as overheating, have you checked what the max CPU temp is shown in the service menu.

Unit would not turn on at all a day after my last post. Sent to Camas today, disappointed a year old unit completely died, I'm fairly certain they will have to replace with a new unit.

Back