Tzt3 12 with b165lh

Mattg

Hello everyone i am having abit of an issue regarding my tzt3 12. In deep water like more than 250 fathoms my sonar stops reading the bottom. I am using the b265lh transducer.I will attach some photos. If someone can help i will appreciate. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Do you happen to have on Accu-fish or Bottom discrimination ON? Those settings will be an issue at that depth and could cause you issues.

It is okay to have it ON in the functional depth range as long as you are not also running Accu-fish at the same time. Once out of the functional range of the feature, they should both be OFF. Not sure if that is your problem or not but it has been a problem for others.

Mattg,

The B265LH is 1kW power transducer that uses Low frequency of 42 to 65 kHz with a 25° to 16° beam width that is dependent on the frequency. The low side should provide you a maximum depth of 500 fathoms (3000')

The High frequency: 130 to 210 kHz utilizing a 10° to 6° beam width, that is also depending on the frequency. The high side should provide you a maximum depth of 166 fathoms (1000')

When going deep, ensure that you are using Maximum TX Power, with a 1/1 Picture Advance, and having ACCU-Fish and Bottom Discrimination both turned OFF, as both these features are only useful down to 328 ft. with a vessel speed of 10 knots or less.

- Deep Blue

Back