TZT24X new build setup/questions/advice

RJ23

Hi all!

I've just purchased an IMG 54'CC and am in the phase of ordering my equipment! After considerable research and many many excellent recommendations I've chosen to go with a full Furuno setup. I normally fish for yellowfin in very deep waters (8k feet+), swordfish, grouper etc in about (2-3k feet) and also fish extremely shallow waters (150ft) for snappers, jacks etc. The list below is the setup I've decided to go with, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could let me know if I'm heading in the right direction or should add/remove anything!

1. 3x TZT 24X
2. DRS25A X-Class 6'
3. DFF-3D
4. DFF3-UHD
5. 200WX
6. 711C nav pilot
7. SCX20

I want to use a 5kw transducer for the finder so it can cover both depth ranges comfortably, is this the right idea? I'm under the impression that if I install the BT-5 this would be fine.

The boat will be running Quad 600s and the boat manufacturer told me I'd have to run the Mercury autopilot system which I wasn't even aware existed, is the 711C compatible as that would be much preferred!

I'm installing a Flir M332 as well. Will this be compatible with the MFDs?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new boat.

I just wanted to comment on your transducer setup, but leave the other questions to the moderators etc. A BT-5 will work with DFF3 to boost so you can run 28 or 50 Khz 5KW transducers. In this setup you will have a separate transducer for low and high.

You have a stepped hull and this limits places to put transducers and effects their ability to read at speed. I would talk to the manufacturer about where they have good success with installations. Once you get this information then you can see the areas you have to work with and the kind of transducers that work.

I assume they do many tank mount transducers in these hulls and tilted element transducers. You should find out if they have good places or recommend fairing block transducers. You also may find your self wanting to install 2 or 3 transducers so get all the info from them you can.

Once you get that information i think you will save your self time by not choosing transducers you ultimately cannot use.

I would definitely want a mix of a high powered low and a High-Wide for that type of fish you are targeting. HW for tuna, snappers, jacks and low for swords and grouper. I assume when in 8000' you are not concerned with the bottom besides just knowing the depth?

Congrats on the new boat.

I just wanted to comment on your transducer setup, but leave the other questions to the moderators etc. A BT-5 will work with DFF3 to boost so you can run 28 or 50 Khz 5KW transducers. In this setup you will have a separate transducer for low and high.

You have a stepped hull and this limits places to put transducers and effects their ability to read at speed. I would talk to the manufacturer about where they have good success with installations. Once you get this information then you can see the areas you have to work with and the kind of transducers that work.

I assume they do many tank mount transducers in these hulls and tilted element transducers. You should find out if they have good places or recommend fairing block transducers. You also may find your self wanting to install 2 or 3 transducers so get all the info from them you can.

Once you get that information i think you will save your self time by not choosing transducers you ultimately cannot use.

I would definitely want a mix of a high powered low and a High-Wide for that type of fish you are targeting. HW for tuna, snappers, jacks and low for swords and grouper. I assume when in 8000' you are not concerned with the bottom besides just knowing the depth?
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

Thanks for the recommendations re the transducer placement will definitely get the local distributor to send a tech over and pinpoint the locations. Better to be difficult and get it right the first time then cry later for sure.

If I did end up going for a three transducer setup, would all three integrate into the DFF3 so I can see all three freqs on one MFD?

Yes, that's correct as well - not concerned at all about the bottom at 8000', the depth reading is important though as there are large underwater mountain structures all around the area that work the current quite aggressively - the high current areas normally carry the baitfish so it's always good to know the depth.

RJ23,

Reach out to me when you are getting ready to install the transducers.

- Deep Blue

RJ23,

Reach out to me when you are getting ready to install the transducers.

- Deep Blue
Definitely will! I'm meeting with the local distributors technician on Monday the coming week to finalise everything and go over the schematics.

Will share their feedback and drawings as soon as they get back to me.

Thanks again (y)

Back