TZT2 will not connect to the internet

C

Catmando

Anyone have any experience with this issue? I have two TZT215's that will not connect with the internet since new no matter what I try. The "Check For Updates" remains grayed out as does connecting to the weather server. I have updated to 3.01, tried different hotspots at my marina (none have landing pages) as well as a tethered connection to my iPhone. Nothing works. I have tried turning the TZT hotspot on and it shows on my iPhone as discoverable but does nothing to address the connection issue.

On a maybe related topic I also cannot seem to clear out the WiFi connection history so that I can reset the passwords. One of my connections has the wrong password but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the software to forget them so that I can re-enter the correct password. "Forget All Networks" just seems to rescan and does not actually clear the history.

Maybe these two are related????

If you can't clear the passwords, you might try factory clearing the unit (after backing up your waypoints of course). There were some iOS issues on the apple side of thing. I would ensure you have updated your iOS. If still having problems, I recommend contacting Tech Support while you are at the boat. They are normally good at finding the mistake.

Back