TZT2 & Vesper Vision AIS

G

Geoo

I have TZTL12F connected NMEA 2000 to Vesper Vision AIS. Class B and NavAids show up on the TZT2 but Class A does not. I also have Icom 506 connected NMEA 2000. The Icom receives its AIS information from the Vesper and shows class A & B. I have tried disconnecting the Icom from the NMEA 2000 and I still do not receive Class A on the TZT2.

Thank you

Sounds like your Icom 506 has an integrated AIS receiver and it's targets are the ones it is picking up directly. There is currently a know issue with the Icom 506 and the TZT2, but this should be resolved by the next software release. Once resolved you can get your AIS from that unit. I haven't heard of any AIS issues with any other models. I will report the Vesper to product development. Have you discussed the issue with Vesper? Have you tried connecting the Vesper to another chart plotter?

My Icom 506 does not have AIS receiver, it just has the capability to receive input from NMEA2000, it gets its info from the Vesper. If the Vesper is turned off I lose AIS on the Icom 506. the Icom 506 will display Class A, B and navaids when connected to the NMEA 2000 input from Vesper the TZT2 will only show Class B & navaids.? Thank you

It sounds like something unique to Vesper because other NMEA 2000 sources are working fine. We will look into it but I suggest you speak to Vesper and see what they can tell you. They might have newer firmware or something that can take care of the problem.

I spoke to vesper. They said if the icom can receive all AIS info from the Vesper. I should check with furuno. Maybe I have a setting in my tzt9 wrong?
Thanks

Nothing to do for the TZT2 except connect the item to the NMEA 2000 bus. There are settings to filter targets based on speed and distance but not by Class.
I will let product development know that you are reporting an issue using the Vesper and Class A targets. If anyone else has this unit, please let us know if yours works or not. No one else has reported a problem.

Not that it helps you a lot, but I can confirm that with my Digital Yacht AIT2000 transponder, the TZT 2 displays all AIS targets with the Class A showing in blue and the Class B in green. I know there was a long and rather tortured history with AIS PGNs on NMEA 2000 networks not being fully standardized which is why for along time there were no AIS transponders that had native NMEA 2000 ports. Do you have the issue on the display or when using the list function or both?

What my TZT 2s have a problem displaying are DSC targets from my Standard Horizon GX5500S VHF...

The TZT2 will not show the class A on the display or list only class B.
I can adjust the vesper nmea 2000 rate of data speed. I wonder if the TZT2 needs a certain speed for the class A data ?

NMEA 2000 is not like 0183. IF they are following standard 2000, it should show. We are about to release new software for the TZT2 and you might try to see if that helps. Although I am a bit confused because you posted under the TZT2 topic but one of your postings said you have a TZT9 (normal TZT).

Has anyone determined if there is indeed an issue with the TZT2 MFDs displaying AIS information from a Vesper Marine AIS. I have a Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS transponder installed and I am contemplating purchasing a TZT2 12, but would not buy one if there is a compatibility issue. Our current SH plotter displays all AIS info from the XB-8000 (Class A, Class B, SART, AtoN) correctly.

Back