TZT2 update(missing updates in between)

Jagsare1

Furuno Fan
I have to check to see what version I currently have but I know that there are missing updates. If I want to perform an update, can I go to the latest version or do I need to do them in order?

You can go ahead and update to the latest version. You do not need to take incremental steps.

My experience with updating to version 8.0 left my TZTL12F with some problems. I never updated since I bought the displays in 2016. My update with the 8.0 software files left my equipment at version 5.06. It started at version 2.0. I followed the instructions exactly. I even downloaded new software to new microSD cards, 8 gb from Sandisk. It just will not update to 8.0. Even worse now, the internal sounder, set to TZTL12F will not display the fishfinder data, it only gives the depth. Has anyone else had a similar problem and any luck to fix it? I would really appreciate some feedback. Tech support solution so far was to download the files again and try again. Thanks for any input.

Just to clarify...Updating to v8.01 can be done directly without step upgrading. Some key factors to consider when upgrading are: recommend using a 4GB or 8GB microSD card; recommended using an 8GB USB stick; and use a PC (not an Apple computer) to download and transfer update files to the microSD and USB stick. Generally speaking, the smallest microSD and USB stick that can be used is best and works more consistently than anything larger.

Thank you for the information with tips on upgrading the TZT2 software to 8.01. I‘m certain that I introduced a software glitch into my units. It was probably the fact that I used the IOS and not PC computer for the download. There were hidden files on the ios downloads. The tech support that I spoke to on the phone (Travis) suggested I ship the units and have FURUNO engineers install the files. Shipping costs back and forth is pricey, but it’s worthwhile, because my units wouldn’t boot up past the FURUNO logo after my attempted installs. I should be getting the units back any day now. Thanks again for your information. It will help others that run into the same problems that I had with the file downloads.

Travis is not a tech or in tech support. He works in the repair center getting units into and out of the repair center. Great guy. They will get you fixed up.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have concerns about updating and causing new problems. Everything works now although I have been extremely unhappy with FF performance compared to the previous Furuno 585. Loved the 585, hate the TZT2 FF using the same transducer.

Just installed the TZTL12F displays after FURUNO repair department updated the software to 8.01. The displays power up now. It shows 8.01 firmware on both displays. Radar will need to be adjusted I’m sure. It looks fuzzy and green is the only color. The navpilot 700 seems to be sensing ok. The internal GPS is accurate. I still have my original waypoints, I didn’t expect to have them. The only problem now is the fishfinder is not showing data or display. There is only a white screen. The correct model transducer was dialed into the units. I’m using the internal sounder built into the TZT2. Do I need to do a factory reset to activate the sensor? I’m reluctant to do any resets on these units since I have had such a difficult time trying to update the software in the first place….

The service center who conducted your update should have already done any needed resets. If the fish finder settings are correct and the boat is in the water in transmit, it sounds like the transducer needs to be tested.

You can't test with a meter because of the capacitive and inductive properties but if you have a transducer tester it can be tested. If you had a big mainbang and white screen, I would say someone painted you transducer but you said it is all white. That sounds like the transducer is not even firing.

This is strange. The fish finder was working just before the MFDs were updated. It was updated with corrupt files and had to be updated by FURUNO at their bench. I haven’t run the vessel for 3 months, maybe the transducer is covered with sudden blossom of growth. I’ll go back and check all the connections and see if I can test the transducer. I will report back. Thanks for your suggestions, Johnny.

Update…. The TZTL12F MFDs began to receive signals from the 526T-HDD thru hull transducer. I’m not sure how or why it began to register the signals on the display. I turned the units off and on a few times, but didn’t do anything significant with the settings. My issues are resolved, thanks again.

Back