TZT2, B260 Settings

Hello,
I'm still trying to get the setting correct on this combination. I tried to take pictures of the display, but it had weird lines oscillating across the screen that only shows in the picture.

What is the relationship of TVG to out put power and clutter?
I had the LF/HF TVG at 5. Out put power on LF at 65, shows a nice screen with some clutter. Out put power at 100 in HF shows very little, blue dots. This was trolling at 6.5 to 7 knots off shore in blue water. Range was at 300 feet. I tried to change TVG form 2 to 9 and clutter from zero to 10. It did not help.

When I power up and run at 20 knots, the LH clutters ups\, as I suspect. The HF shows nothing. I'm used to running at 20 knots, in HF and still getting a reading on bait and tuna.

The transducer was fine with NN1.
The Pacific Ocean is deep and I do not need to read bottom in 3,000 feet of water, but I do need to read to top 300 feet of water column.

Please provide an explanation of the relationship of the settings and which way to make changes.

Thank you,

Bob

Tunacious Too,
When you mention output power do you really mean gain? Because you can't set the output power to 65. The output power setting is 1-10 or Auto.

Snips

Tunacious Too,
The higher the Gain setting the most sensitive the sounder's receiver becomes. The Clutter setting is a filter to help remove the weaker targets i.e. blues-greens. Default setting is 0. TVG stands for Time Varied Gain. You don't need as much gain in 10ft of water as you do in 500ft. The default TVG is 5. If you want to see how these controls for affect the sounder display take the clutter from 0-100 and watch all the weak echoes disappear. Then with the clutter set at 0 vary the TVG from 0 to 10 to see the affect.

Hope this helps.

Snips

Hi Snips.
I have adjusted the setting extensively, by going from clutter at 0 and TVG at 5, to clutter at 10 and TVG at 10, to TVG at 0 and every other conceivable combination. I understand how gain and clutter works.

I'm trying to get an answer why the HF needs 100% or a gain setting of 10 and it does not show clutter or any readings when I'm cruising at 20 knots.
The TVG settings and how it relates to Gain and Clutter are a mystery.
Would gain off set help? LF and HF are at 0.
I will try and get more pictures next week.

Thank you.
Bob

Back