TZT2 12" Hum in audio system

A

Anonymous

When my TZT2 cold starts and gets to about 1/3 on the progress bar my my audio system starts to hum. Any ideas how to stop it ? I know issues like this are hard to fix I am wondering if you had any advice on how to proceed.

Thanks

I just installed a Fusion audio system at my helm which I connected to both the ethernet and the NMEA 2000 networks. I have a horrible hum which I intend to begin diagnosing this weekend.

With the flush mounting hardware there is a toroid core that should be installed on your TZT2 power cord. Was this properly installed?

Yes, the toriod core is installed at the point the power goes into the unit

The only connections are the radar cable and sounder cable and nema 0183 out is wired.

I installed the supplied Toroid core to the power cable as close to the head unit as possible and also used the supplied shielded patch cable to connect to the TZT2. I also disconnected the NMEA2000 and the network cable from the Fusion in order to create a "best case" scenario. None of this seems to have much effect on the noise level. It seems that the next step will be to investigate noise filters and filtered power sources.

Back