TZT14 Display Screen Delamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reel Catch

Attention Tech Administrator: I installed two TZT14's as part of a total Furuno upgrade done in 2016. Just recently, I noticed an area on one of the TZT14 screens that appears to be delaminating.....see attached photo. Can you confirm that area of the screen is delaminating? Also, back when I purchased the TZT14's, I believe I was told that replacement of a delaminating display screen would be performed by Furuno free of charge because the delaminating screens were known to be a problem back in the 2016 timeframe. Is that still valid? Thank you for your help. I look forward to hearing back from you. Joe

Attachments

• TZT14 Display Screen Delamination2.jpeg.png
    TZT14 Display Screen Delamination2.jpeg.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
That is delamination. Warranty is two years on Furuno products. Unfortunately due to covid and the world component shortage the LCD assembly is no longer available as a part. Back when panels were available, there were some extended consideration and discount programs offered by Furuno USA but that is no longer the case. I am sure if you speak to the service center with documentation showing you are the original owner, they might be able to help somewhat when you go to retrofit to newer. There is nothing that can be done to fix that without parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back