TZT12F keeps auto adjusting range (even with auto range off)

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
How come, no matter if I put my range to auto or off, and i zoom it out and set it to the area that I want, it always seems to " re adjust" ???

I am confused.

I dont seem to have this issue with my TZT9F sounder.

When I select the TZT12F fishfinder on the TZT9F it happens. When I select the TZT12F fish finder on the TZT12F, it happens.

I feel like it's picking up noise and re-adjusting the depth automatically. I don't want it to do that. I want it to stay on the screen that i selected!!!

If this was the radar, I would say you have radar range link turned on. For the sounder, it will adjust if you try to go too shallow below the minimum range. Otherwise I would think it would be related to you trying to see the sounder on two diffrent units at the same time (the sounder is one resource) so the one might adjust based on it's screen resolution and the scaling that you left the other unit viewing the sounder on. If you have problems getting to the bottom of it, I recommend you post the question with collected information under the sounder topic area where the acoustic guys tend to hang out.

Back