Tzt1 best settings

Tumeke

Hi there. I have 2x TZT1 on my boat but don’t seem to get the same pictures on my sounder as the ones I see online.
Lots of them have arches. But I don’t.
Is there someway of fine tuning my TZT1 to get arches?
Even accufish doesn’t seem to work. I’m pretty sure I’m missing something.
Is there ‘best’ settings to use when trolling for Marlin. Say just the top 80 meters.
Also for swordfish at say 500 meters.
Thanks in advance.

The first generation TZT didn't have built in sounders so the acoustics guys like @Deep Blue will want to know the sounder and transducer model along with some example photos. More information is needed for remote assistance otherwise getting with your dealer would be recommended.

Tumeke,

Do you know what is the fish finder (and the transducer) that you are currently using for your TZT1..?

Getting a classic fish arch on a fish finder is a combination of factors. The main rule of thumb for fish arches is the wider the transducer's beam width, the more pronounced (or taller) the fish arch will be.

Fish that move slowly through the fish finder beam width longer (or deeper), result in producing the classic fish "arches". Fish that move very slowly through the beam width can appear as “worms,” as they linger or are resting throughout the fish finder beam width. On the other hand, species like yellowtail or marlin that tend to move through the beam width extremely fast, and their returns can appear like diagonal streaks as they are only partially captured within the beam width .

See the graphic below as a good example of classic fish arches, including the various depths and the Low -vs- High frequencies...

- Deep Blue :cool:

Attachments

• fish arch presentation.jpg
    fish arch presentation.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi there.
Transducers are a 38bl-15hr I believe that’s a 3 kw and a 200-200b 8-88
Fishfinders are a tzt14 DFF3
Thanks

Tumeke,

The transducers that you are using with your DFF3 has the following specifications: CA38BL-15HR 3kW 38kHz with a beam width of 12.5 X 21 degrees, and CA200B-8B 2kW 200kHz with a beam width of 5.5 degrees.

Set the DFF3’s Screen Advance at “1/1”, and then set the TX Power of “10” and TX Rate Setting of “20”. You can try shortening the Pulse Length for better resolution.

Depending on your viewing conditions, use a Black Background instead of a White or Blue Background. You can set the DFF3’s Band Width and this will allow you to slew (change) the frequency. The default Band Width will be 10% of the frequency you select. So, if 38kHz is selected, the Band Width will be 3.8kHz. This is meaning that you will be able slew (change) a total of 3.8kHz from 34.2kHz to 41.8kHz.

- Deep Blue

Back