TZT and Autopilot not integrating

Sunset

I just completed the installation of my 711C autopilot and took it out for it's first test cruise today. The autopilot seems to work just fine as a stand-alone unit, but when I try and control it from the TZT screen I get a 'No NAV data' message on the 711C.

I tried setting a simple waypoint and tapping 'Go To'. It asked if I wanted to the NAVpilot. I said Yes. The 711C switch from Nav to Auto, but the error message immediately popped up.

Seems like I don't have something configured properly. Any suggestions on what to check?

Have you selected N2K output sentences from the TZT to the Navpilot?

No, what sentences do I need to make sure the NavPilot is getting from the TZT? I don't fully understand the manual and what data each sentence is sending.

Update - I went into the CAN bus port setup and made sure all the relevant sentences were ON, but still have the problem. The TZT and the NAVPilot clearly see each other. The TZT beeps when the autopilot switches from AUTO to NAV, and when I select a waypoint on the TZT and click Go To, the autopilot switches to auto mode. But it shows no course or ETA info, and the No NAV Data message appears.

Call Furuno support during business hours & when you are on your boat. Easiest way to get it all taken care of in one shot.

Back