TZ3 upgrade and purchased Charts

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
In a system with 3 TZ2’s, if I upgraded a single TZ2 to a 3 to get the faster processor and future 2/3KW chirp capabilities what would happen to my chart purchase?

I have a single chart that I purchased and I would prefer to keep without having to but it again.

Phil

The chart licence belongs to the machine/system it was purchased. In this case the TZT2 system chart master holds the licence and it will share the licence with all those connected with it on the network including your new TZT3 unit. If the chart licence is older, you may have to downgrade the chart installed on the TZT3 chart card to the older version to unlock it. Alternatively, the chart licence can be upgraded (half normal cost) to the newest version.

Similar question I think. I am adding a new TZT3 to boat with another TZT2. I understand these will share the chart I already purchased but how do a purchase a upgraded license. Dealer sent me to Navionics and Navionics sent me to Furuno. Help.

You provide your system ID to the Furuno dealer and tell him you are an existing user of XXX chart and need to purchase an upgrade. They will process the order but it will be at half normal price. The unlock code is e-mailed out when the order is processed. If the dealer isn't familiar with the process have him contact Furuno and we will set him on the right path.

Back