TZ3-9” chart waypoints issue

I recently added a 9”TZ3 to the system (2-TZ3-12”)and the waypoints are off (see screenshot below). Any suggestions on what could cause this? Both units have the most updated software. Black background is the 9” white is the 12”.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpeg
    IMG_2985.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2986.jpeg
    IMG_2986.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Tap the screen in an open area and scroll and select "Chart info" on both screens. I agree with @SailorDoc they are most likely using different charts. The bad one most likely using the base chart and not a valid navigation chart. Also if running RASTER it is very easy to overzoom or underzoom paper charts to where they are not valid. Any unlock for the older TZT3 is not going to unlock the newest version of chart that just came in the TZT9F. The chart licence would most likely need to be upgraded and new codes used, or you would need to copy the older version chart the system has ownership of onto the newer chart card. The "bad" unit is not likely showing any data other than the base chart because it doesn't have legal licence to the newest version of that area.

It looked like it was an issue with the 9” using its internal GPS sensor instead of the SCX-20. I changed that and it looks fine now.
Thanks

It looked like it was an issue with the 9” using its internal GPS sensor instead of the SCX-20. I changed that and it looks fine now.
Thanks
That doesn't make sense to me.

My TZT39F internal GPS is spot on for my location.

Also, placement of waypoints on chart are not affected by GPS, unless they were all created by you actually being at each waypoint location and marking your current location from the TZT3.

Using different charts makes more sense.

Back