Tz3 3.05 linked tz2 8.01 multi beam dff3d

J

Jgribbs

Hey guys what’s the reason behind turning on the tz3 before starting the tz2 it is recommended on the software update procedures to turn the lastest machine and software first because I had the tz2 first and the tz2 is my chart master as that’s what all my charts have been purchased on and it passes the data through the Ethernet cable aswell as my waypoints and if I don’t start the tz2 first the tz3 doesn’t get charts or my save settings or waypoints. Just wondering the reason behind starting the tz3 first thanks guys

I am sure Johnny or Maggy will provide clarity on this, but my suspicion is that the first machine to boot up essentially becomes the DHCP server for the ethernet network and the TZT3 systems have more processing power to handle this additional yet needed task. There is probably a few other underlying reasons as well.

gtstang462002":3c8b6pvb said:
I am sure Johnny or Maggy will provide clarity on this, but my suspicion is that the first machine to boot up essentially becomes the DHCP server for the ethernet network and the TZT3 systems have more processing power to handle this additional yet needed task. There is probably a few other underlying reasons as well.

Another would be that the first unit becomes the distributor of the data coming over the NMEA 2000 network, which also takes processing power and thus s best done by the faster device.

Quitsa is correct. It is about having the more powerful system take on the roll of NMEA talker for the mixed system.

Back