TZ2BB random reboots?

Wdeertz

Furuno Fan
Recently I’ve been getting random reboots of my TZ2BB. Screen #1 reboots but screen #2 keeps going. The TZ2BB is mounted in my pilothouse so a dry and cool location. Is there any diagnostic file that I can view to see what may be causing the random reboots?

There is no rhyme or reason as to the timing reboots as I’ve been on long runs (48+ hours) with no reboot while just today it happened 2 hours out of port.

Have you reviewed the NMEA 2000 instancing? TZT2 doesn't like instance conflicts of the 2000 bus. If the TZT2BB is running 24v power, it is VERY important that the 12v powering the 2000 bus be isolated it that will cause grounding loops. If you can't find anything, I would recommend recording the 2000 bus for 20+ mins using the built in feature to a USB stick then get that over to tech support to take a look over.

Johnny, as far as i know I don't have any N2K instance conflicts. The TZ2BB is powered by 24v and the N2K network is powered from a 24v to 12v step down converter that doesn't have the negatives tied together. Here is a link to a 20 minute log of the N2K network (tried to upload but it said the file was too large) https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ikmb...2549.zip?rlkey=9rqqmpeccpzexwe9haulkdche&dl=0

I've since been underway 15+ hours and the system hasn't rebooted. Not sure if its relevant but when I installed the TZ2BB last year screen #1 would always boot up first and be ready to operate before screen #2. Now screen #1 seems to take an extra 3-4 minutes more time to boot up than screen #2. Screen #2 has never randomly rebooted.

Last edited:
If running 24v, you would want to have the 2000 bus power via an isolated power conditioner. To many chargers and inverters are not isolated and grounding loops will make life difficult. An isolated conditioner will also help filter bad EMI power as well as ensuring the 2000 power is isolated IAW NMEA 0400. That might not be the issue but it is a very good place to start. Small power conditioners running the 2000 bus tee are not too expensive (~150). I have used this one from Amazon.

Back