tvg settings

A

Anonymous

I have a fcv 1150 and have a question about tvg settings. I fish in water depth of 20 to 60 ft of water for stripped bass and water depth of 400 to 1000 ft for yellow fin tuna in the north east. Yellow fin are any where from the surface to 200 feet in the water column. What are the ideal setting for these fishing conditions. I under stand the settings could be differnt for speicies, and both are not fished at the same time.

Thank you

Tony

Waterproof,
TVG stands for Time Varied Gain which is used to vary the sounders sensitivity through the water column. Normally you don't need as much gain close to the surface as you do down deeper. Out of the box the TVG settings of the 1150 are set for a depth of 600ft. The Rule-of Thumb on TVG is "Less is More". The lower the TVG numbers, the high gain you will have closer to the surface. One suggestion to get a feel for how the Gain and TVG controls interact is to put the 1150 into the DEMO mode. If you do this before your next time out I think you will find it is time well spent.

Snips

Back