Transducer options for DDF-3D sonar

Peter Parker

Group, I purchased a new electronics package to install on a Parker 21SE. TZT3 12in with NXT radome. Unfortunately the transducers 165T-50 200-TM260 and the TM185HW have not shipped yet. I cut out some poster paper of the transducer size and they are pretty big. Will I /( has anyone) installed these transom mounts and have them work properly on this type transom with trim tabs...seems pretty tight and worried about cavitation and smooth water flow. I would have like the 3D down below the step ..seems way too big for this spot and TM275 up on the right next to the trim tab.I originally ordered the T165-50/200-SS260 thru-hull but thought the transom mount would be better. Such limited space not sure what the right transducers I should use. Thanks in advance, Pete

Attachments

• Transom1.jpg
    Transom1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 830
  • Transom2.jpg
    Transom2.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 830
I do not see how you can mount those larger style transom mounts on this vessel without fighting cavitation/turbulence. Placing anything on the very back, behind the step will not work. Even against the tabs you are going to have problems. The best bet here is going to be a through hull or a pocket/cavity mount unit being fiberglassed in so you do not need to worry about a fairing block hitting your bunks.

Based on the pictures I do not see that spot working well, if at all. I would definitely see if anyone has tried something there before I put the time, and holes, into trying it.

FishTech":230b99dy said:
I do not see how you can mount those larger style transom mounts on this vessel without fighting cavitation/turbulence. Placing anything on the very back, behind the step will not work. Even against the tabs you are going to have problems. The best bet here is going to be a through hull or a pocket/cavity mount unit being fiberglassed in so you do not need to worry about a fairing block hitting your bunks.

I am not sure how glassing in the pocket mount and it sitting flush on the hull rise how much bottom do you lose to the opposite side? Maybe that model not a good idea? That thru hull with the fairing is pretty large but I think the performance for looking directly under the boat would be much better, do you think? Thanks, Pete

Sorry for the delay, been away for a bit.
When glassing in you would still want it leveled or placed in the keel . You are absolutely correct, performance would not be good if they glassed it in at an angle.

I am mounting a B60 port side and the 165T-B54 starboard. B60 I now have and B54 on back order. I think this set up should be a useful tool. Thanks for your replies.

Back