Transducer for GP-1971F

dirty oar

I recently purchased a used boat with a FCV-582L with a toasted screen. I am looking to upgrade to a GP-1971F. I can't identify the transducer that is already in my boat. It is a bronze stem, thru-hull with the high speed fairing block. The white part number tag has long since disappeared from the chord. I think I have narrowed it down to either a 526T-HDD (B260) or a 520T-HPD (B256) from the Airmar cross reference chart for transducers that will work with a 582L machine. I would really like to use the existing transducer.

The Furuno info says the 1971F can use a 526T"ID"-HDD. Is there any difference in the 526T"ID"-HDD and the 526T-HDD (besides a couple extra letters)?

IS there any other way to identify the transducer? Will either model (520T-HPD or 526T-HDD) work even though they are not specifically listed by Furuno?

The boat is a 2004 and the transducer looks like it has been in there since new or close to it.

Thanks in advance for your help. I love the forum and I have already learned a lot from it.

Dirty Oar,
By looking at the face of the transducer you should be able to see the difference.
The B-258 is the shape of a football and the B-260 is shaped more like a tear drop.

Snips

dirty oar":y15fohqf said:
The Furuno info says the 1971F can use a 526T"ID"-HDD. Is there any difference in the 526T"ID"-HDD and the 526T-HDD (besides a couple extra letters)?
526T-HDD was the old part number, 526TID-HDD is the new part number.

IS there any other way to identify the transducer? Will either model (520T-HPD or 526T-HDD) work even though they are not specifically listed by Furuno?
The best way is by looking at the transducer tag but they usually fall off. Those are Furuno part numbers when it comes to transducers, most likely they have a 10pin plug on them and that is compatible with most Furuno sounders.

Snips and Kicker, thanks so much for the info!! That’s exactly what I needed! It does have the 10 pin plug so I figured I’d give it a try. Thanks again for the responses.

Back