Tide and Current data

danderer

Furuno Fan
Apologies in advance - this is one of several questions I'll be posting over the next few weeks. The PO of my boat installed a complete System A setup a couple years ago. After using this for a year I just can't learn to love it and so am contemplating ripping it all out.

Furuno is my leading choice but I don't have much hands-on experience with it so I bought a TZT9F to learn/experiment with. I'm running that in parallel with my old equipment. So as I learn the 9F I'll have questions. Note: After 1 day I already really like it.

First question: On the tides and current graphs the date in the bottom scroll tape is wrong. See attached. The date and time are current, and are today, but the tape indicates yesterday. System date and time are correct both with the internal GPS and with GPS data acquitted via N2K. Do I have something configured wrong? Or am I misunderstanding?

Second question: How do I export screenshots? Section 9.2 of the manual sure implies they will be part of an export but I don't seem them there. Routes (all I have so far for data) appear in the export, but not the screenshots.

Thanks much.

IMG_0630.jpeg

Hello

I noticed I have the incorrect date on my Sirius XM weather also! The tape says Yesterday at the bottom instead of today!! I have no idea what I did wrong, lol.

It's a minor bug. You can scroll to the correct date but the default date is showing up wrong. The next software release will fix this.

Agreed not a big deal but glad to hear it will be addressed.

I've got a couple more items I've found (a missing Fusion-link zone and a mis-identified N2K temp sender). Again not major but I want to make sure they're on your list (or find out that I'm doing something wrong).

What's the best way to pass things like this to you folks?

PS. Still don't see how to export screenshots. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Our normal support (www.FurunoUSA.com - Get Support - Ask a question) is typically the best way to work any unique concerns, besides calling in (410-479-4420 / 360-834-9300) for anything more urgent.

Exporting screenshots is normally done by going to HOME - SETTINGS - GENERAL and changing the two finger tap function to "Screen Capture" then inserting a USB memory stick into the USB port. When you see something you want to capture, hit two fingers side by side slightly apart in a tapping function to trigger the capture. This will save the capture to the USB memory which can be removed and put into your PC for sharing.

When’s the bug going to be fixed? I have it on my tz3 too.

Annoying.

Also, anyway to show the current time on the header of the nav page?

Sculler":18ilzvve said:
When’s the bug going to be fixed? I have it on my tz3 too.

Annoying.

Also, anyway to show the current time on the header of the nav page?

Current time on the header? Couldn't you just pull up the data page (swipe from left) and have time in one of the data boxes?

I think this was changed a long time ago (v3.0) but definitely works in the newest version of TZT3 (v3.70). As long as you have current date/time from your GPS, when hitting HOME - TIDE it shows the default as the current time data on the tide chart page.

If yours doesn't then your time offset or something else would have to be set improperly. Have you tried it?

Here is an east coast unit with UTC and EDT offset on time. Both working properly.

TZT3Screen_2024_07_02_16_08_12.pngTZT3Screen_2024_07_02_12_08_58.png

Check your version numbers in the Quick Self Test to ensure that you are correctly updated.

TZT3Screen_2024_07_02_16_07_42.png

It’s three years later and I still have the same “mInor” bug. Was it fixed? I’ve updated every time.

It is really annoying.
My units don't do that. They show the correct local time on the bar. As noted, perhaps you have an older version of software or your time offset is wrong.

My units don't do that. They show the correct local time on the bar. As noted, perhaps you have an older version of software or your time offset is wrong

Software is upgraded with each release.

The offset is proper and shows correctly for other functions. (It’s a full 24 hours off).

I’m running 5 tz3’s off the network. My new build will probably be Garnin as this frustrates me so much. I even spoke to their engineer from Japan in Florida at the show.

I think this was changed a long time ago (v3.0) but definitely works in the newest version of TZT3 (v3.70). As long as you have current date/time from your GPS, when hitting HOME - TIDE it shows the default as the current time data on the tide chart page.

If yours doesn't then your time offset or something else would have to be set improperly. Have you tried it?
I have looked at that offset so many times over the years. It’s the first thing I looked at. Unless there is something unique to tide only that I can’t find.

I have 5 tz3’s on this network (2 tx3 19 and 3 tz3 12’s. Is there something unique about this?

This is really frustrating to me. And it’s obviously a professional install.

What version of software are you on? That question seems to be slipping by without answer. If running v3.70, then I expect something with the unit not being factory cleared after being updated or corrupted user data that was restored. It isn't a systematic product bug because it was fixed via software updates and no one else continues to see that problem with current software. Focus on corrective actions should result in clearing the error and your frustration. In the scheme of things even when the bug was there it wasn't earth shaking that one couldn't scroll to the current time and date to see the information.

Back