Three of Four Screens Don't Find Starlink

Dont' Blink

Have four TZ3 -16"screens all tied on same NMEA 2000 backbone and three of the four do not find my starlink internet. The other connects right away just fine. all are set to "connect to existing LAN" and also "connect when necessary". Even when I manually tell the other three to scan they can't find it.

Crazy enough the second problem is one of the four that does not connect was the only one that would download weather before which was weird but fine and I did not chase the problem further.

Searched threads on the starlink and only one listed and my settings are already as recommended and like I said works on 1 of 4. Any help appreciated.

worth adding one of the remaining three that won't find starlink will find my iphone as a hotspot. the other two won't find either.

Last edited:
It isn't common to connect more than one unit to the internet. The three example reasons to connect (Get Weather, sync points to cloud, update software) would be done at one display and then it updates the entire system for weather/software. Because points and routes are synced and exactly same on all machines, the data going to the cloud is the same regardless of which unit is connected.

Exactly what task you trying to accomplish by having all four units connected to the internet at the same time?
If you are trying to run an APP to control a unit they are hosting a connection not going out themselves.

Thanks for the feedback. Not connecting each for any particular reason except thinking they each should connect. I do know that it seems only one unit (one that is not connected) would download weather. Worth noting a second one finally found my starlink router and I was able to connect.

I should mention I was only playing with this because I had to reboot/rename my starlink so everything else on the boat like computer and wifi TV had to be reconnected so only noticed this when I went to the TZ3 to look at the weather and compare it to other apps I am using on my phone and computer.

Just a tip: When it comes to wifi, a unit should either be connected to a wifi host, wifi off, or acting as a host for tablets. If you leave a NavNet display wifi ON and continually looking for sources it will eat a lot of CPU time and slow the machine greatly. Also the the wifi transceiver can have problems seeing a wifi source if the wifi is right very near the display because the signal is too strong with some wifi routers. I don't think I have ever seen a wifi transceiver go bad on a unit ever much less three on the same boat. If you really want to test them, do it one at a time with the others completely off.

thanks for the input. The turning one at a time on did work. Also turns out that two are about two feet from the wifi router but then again the one that did connect was the closest. Either way I'm glad it not works. Thanks for input.

For a similar discussion, see this thread:

Back