Thinking of adding the Dff3d,

Dmc57

I currently have the TZT3 12 “and using a older I believe 744v transducer that was molded into the hull. I fish in SW Florida and generally in depths of 75’ to 150’. i like the idea of the mapping and the 3d view. I also like accu fish and bottom discrimination that I currently have.

one thing I’m concerned with is transducer placement. I have a older (99) intrepid that has a stepped hull. I know the ideal placement is in front of the step, but I’m limited to room.

I’m wondering if I could use a transom mount and use it at slower speeds, off plane. And use my existing transducer when I’m running at speed.

If you are still planning on fishing the same depth, the DFF3D will not be that effective for you at those depths in my opinion. Yes, it will work from 20ft down to roughly a 1000ft. I think your benefit would be better with the side-scan transducer connected to the TZT3 and using a DFF1-UHD for a wide beam CHIRP transducer for the normal fish finding. The cost would be lower and the overall abilities to locate fish targets would be greatly increased. True you won't have PGB but if the object is pulling in fish; I would save some cash and consider the side-scan and wide CHIRP options. That is my thoughts anyways. @Deep Blue might have a different opinion or offer a better suggestion.

Dmc57,

I'd keep your DFF1-UHD and then add the 225T-TM904 Transom Mount Chirp Side Scan Transducer to your TZT3. This is can be an alternative to adding the DFF3D to a stepped hull.

- Deep Blue

Instead of adding a Dff1-UHD, Im wondering if adding a gp1971 would do the same. I could hook my existing transducer to the 1971 and the side scan to my TXT3.

I assume that would work.

Yes, that would work. You can run your exisiting 744v or replace with a single wide band CHIRP transducer later. The GP1871F is a little easier to get right now but if you want and can get a GP1971F, either would offer an excellent sounder option.

Still trying to decide which way to go. If I were to add the 9” tzt3 could I then link that with my 12”? Would I then be able to connect my current transducer to the 9”, connect the sidescan to my 12”, and then be able to see both on either?

But would I be able to view the sidescan on the 9” and the b744 on the 12”. Or both on one monitor.

You would be able to select the sounder source with the 9" of either sounder from all of the documentation that I have read on the 9".

Back