Temporary Transducer for TZT3? Suggestions?

Viexile

What is a low cost (relative to the 275LHW PM I have backordered), 0 degree bronze thru-hull transducer that will work with my TZT3 12" 12P. I also have DFF3D, but I can wait on that.

I really just want basic fish and depth and be able to use my boat. Thankful I haven't cut for the pocket mount yet. I figure just a bronze transducer installed on the centerline in the middle of the keel as backup (Downeast style hull) aft of where I'll ultimately cut for and mount the PM transducer.

I am thoroughly confused by the charts and compatibility. If there is something that will work with DFF3d, great, but most transducers are "not in inventory." So depth, fish.

Are you looking for a DFF3D transducer, 50/200 transducer, chirp transducer, or combo?

what depth, region, structure, and target species?

are you wanting technologies such as rezboost, accufish, and bottom discrimination?

For the moment, I can live with anything that will mark fish and tell me the depth. The dff3d function can wait for the 275LHW. No combo, and a 50/200 would probably suffice.

I'm looking for anything actually in inventory from my various sources, Hamilton, Defender, Hodges, BOE, etc.

I just want to go drag bait and bottom fish and I don't want to bring the boat in and out. Transom mount would likely not work, since the prop on the DE is forward of the transom.

Bronze because everything else below the waterline is bronze and bonded. No shoe or fairing units. I would simply mount it centerline in the keel aft of where I intend to put the pocket mount transducer, which I am now informed is backordered into April. It's mahi season.

This would be a "backup" down the road for the TZT3 if there were ever issues with the 275LHW. But for now, I just want to know how much water is under the boat in the shallows and marking fish above 500' or even 300' would be nice.

So, i think in your case, the correct answer is almost " what is actually in stock? i'll take that."

list of transducers that will work with the tzt3 that are bronze, thru hull, and don't require a fairing etc...

B60
B75L
B75M
B75H
B164
B175L
B175M
B175H
B175HW

are you going to return or get rid of the transducer once you go to the combo pm488?

if not, i would almost consider the b175m if it were avialable

if you had two tzt3 displays and dff3d, once your pm488 165t 275LHW is installed you could theoretically fire all the following at the same time:

low chirp 42-65 khz ( 275LHW)
medium chirp 88-135khz (175M)
DFF3D 165khz
high chirp 150-250khz (275LHW)

you would want to turn on interference rejection between the tzt3 with the 275LHW and the dff3d, or give up heaving compensation and, using a special cable, enable keyphasor timing between the dff3d and the tzt running the 275lhw to eliminate interference

but yeah i would probably look in that direction...

Decisions, decisions. Will this one work while I look at your recommendations?
FRN-525T-LTD12 "in a B60 housing." I realize its a 50/200

No return, whatever I put in will either simply stay as backup or be redundant. Looks like I may have found a B175M. Will the TZT3 9" work with that if I'm feeling flush after all this is done?

And I do have SCX 20, dff3d, DRS4DNXT and a TZT3-12

Gawd I just want to get fishing.

That is a 12 degree transducer, in your original post you wanted a 0 degree.

The equivalent would be the B117 which is a 0 degree B60 equivalent.

Yes, 12 degree. I was hoping to find a zero degree for centerline install, but can't.

I'm double checking the deadrise, but I believe the tolerances of the 12 degree will work installed to stbd amidships and give me some usefulness in all this brand new gear until the desired transducer arrives.

I think I'm going to grab the B175M, but for future reference will that work with the TZT3 9" mfd?

If you want a dual frequency, also look at the B117. It has the same elements as the B60, it is compatible with rezboost, accufish, and bottom discrimination, and it has a zero degree which would work for you.

Although in terms of newer technology, resolution, and target separation, the 175M is generations newer and improved.

That being said, you may still have better time discerning bottom composition with traditional sonar reading the tails and/or using the bottom discrimination features available to the tzt3 internal sounder.

For me, it would depend on what i can actually find in stock and with the zero degree angle.

Hello
Viexile’s setup is what I am considering for my upgrade. If the 275LHW will fit in my Parker 23 DVCC. I am wondering for a temporary transducer keeping my B 164 which is a CW transducer. I need a chirp so the 275 LHW would cover all the bases for the TZT3/DFF3d. Fishing in S. Florida so the range of the 275 is ideal. Question is can both transducers have their own port to plug in or will they have to share ports?

Thanks

Seaducer - forget it. I have been backordered since ordering the 275LHW in January. Then extended 2 weeks, then extended 2 weeks (multiple times) and this morning extended until mid-June. One very good supplier honestly told me they were informed there IS no known availability date and the "estimates" are unlikely. So June may not even happen.

Unfortunate because I have gear, with a warranty running, that I cannot use and Furuno nor Airmar (email Airmar and Gemeco responds with "I dunno") will tell anyone what the problem is. How is it a delivery date, for example, of 4/1 (how appropriate) is planned (O.K., "estimated") suddenly it jumps to June? A company doesn't know why they have a 6 month delay in production and/or delivery?

Furuno won't help or explain -I've tried. I've been accused of being "unproductively confrontational," but all I've asked for is some reasonable answers. So I wait in line quietly, hoping a "preferred retailer" doesn't grab my unit before it gets off the shelf and to me hopefully in June. You will be told "pay and get in line - you can cancel any time, but then you'll lose your place in line." Doing that is up to you.

This topic has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9871#p35556

While we are all feeling the fatigue and genuinely understand your feelings, if you have a question or comment about product availability it should be directed to one of Furuno's Order Services team and not in a post in the NavNet TZtouch 3 technical sub-forum. There is no technical solution to this question. :noway

Much appreciated in advance for respecting the technical support forum, :sail

- Maggy

Back