Sxc 20 and scx21 difference

I wouldn't say one is better than the other. However, if there's a plotter or other device that has NMEA2000 capability, the SCX20 is easier to interface and all functions are available. The SCX21 is limited by NMEA0183 protocol and therefore is affected by things such as network bandwidth that is based on baud rate. In addition, to change settings on the SCX21, one would need either a GP39 or a Windows computer with SC Tool Software. Using the NMEA2000 SCX20 is not better or worse...just simpler to install on a system with an existing NMEA2000 backbone.

Maybe a slightly different question/thread here but I am trying to figure out why you would use a pole mount vs a roof mount. My Nordic Tug came with a SCX 20 mounted to a 3' pole which seemed excessive! Can someone help me?

It is all about placement. You do not want transmitting sources near your receive Sat Compass. You don't want to place the Sat Compass in the radar beam as it will slowly get damaged by the radar transmission. The two mounting options allows more flexibility when it comes to placement locations.

Back