Splice on a 10 PIN connector.

Josep J.

Good morning,

I recently bought an GP 1871 F and I need to connect it to an existing Airmar B-45 transducer I have in the boat. That should be OK.
The problem I face is the the Airmar transducer was connected to a Garmin fishfinder and it has a Garmin 6 PIN connector, from wich only 3 are used (no speed sensor)
I contacted my local dealer but they do not have the cable with the specific connectors for that purpose. That was the easiest... Neither some well known Internet shops as Gameco.

The advise I get is to cut the wire from the transducer and splice on a Furuno 10 PIN connector (that one I can buy it locally).
My question to you is which wires from the 6 PIN Garmin I need to splice in the 10 PIN connector and I will appreciatte if could give me indications for how to do it.

Thanks in advanced, and regards from Barcelona!

Josep J.

Had to do the same connecting my old transducer to a TZT2. The 3 wires you refer to are most likely back, blue and shield. Blue goes to Pin 8, shield to Pin 9, and black to Pin 10 on the Furuno plug.

Hello again,

I have the connector to solder the wires coming from the transducer.
The original cable form the transducer is too long for my boat, and as I have to cut it to splice on the new plug,
Can I cut 1 meter out?
Or is important to respect the original length of the cable for the quality of the signal?

Thanks for your advises and for sharing your knowledge with me.

Josep J.

Back