Solid State Radar with TTM/TTL NMEA Output

shipsngiggles

Hello,

I have a very unique situation where I have limited helm space and limited ability to run wires from the radar to the helms. This eliminates the ability to install an MFD and utilize it as a solution. Instead I am looking to see if there are any modern radars that will output TTM/TTL information to an existing navigation computer. This can be accomplished over the existing NMEA newtork, Ethernet, or WiFi already on the boat. Ultimately what I am looking for is to utilize the Radar as an overlay over the existing PC based chartplotter.

If this is not possible, is there a hardware adapter that would allow me to do essentially the same thing as the MFD would without having the display. This way I can tuck away the adapter in what little space I have under the helm and utilize the computer for navigation and radar control.

Thank you.

Nobeltec has PC offerings which can conduct radar/overlay with ARPA and sounds like exactly what you might be looking for. You can call them at 503-579-141 or find them on the web. They could explain their offering best.

Yes, Time Zero is an option that I was considering. I wanted another option of getting the data directly so that I can utilize other PC based solutions such as Coastal Explorer and OpenCPN

There are others currently in the development phases that might be out there later but right now only Nobeltec has offerings that can talk to the radar without an MFD. If you are looking to develop your own; SDKs are available for purchase if the project qualifies. If interested in an SDK purchase you would contact Matt Wood in the Camas office.

Back