software update

A

Anonymous

My TZT2 has 2.03 loaded per the indication in the lower right of the screen when it boots. I would like to get the course (heading?) "up" feature so I downloaded 2.05, and following the software update instructions, tried to install it. I say "try" since all the expected updating screens, etc., appear and after about 5 min the unit turns off as expected. When I reboot after the update, 2.03 still appears in the lower right corner instead of 2.05.

Update, Success! I’m adding further info for those who might find it useful.

I had 2.03 installed and tried to install 2.05. See above for how that went. Then…..

I tried to reinstall using the same SD card I used for the first install (no change to the SD card after the first install, I just plugged it back in). The system acted like the card was not installed and rebooted normally. Tried again, same result. Pulled the SD card and found it had a dir “Lost.Dir” in the root which must have been added during one of the install attempts. Deleted the dir, confirmed the proper files were still in the root (date/time stamps unchanged) tried to update and got the same result (unit booted normally, SD card had Lost.Dir in the root again).

I then deleted all files on the SD card and reloaded the 5 update files from my computer. This time the system recognized the SD card, did the update and I wound up w/ 2.05 installed per the lower right corner of the window when booting.

Additional notes:
-The first “install” took almost exactly 5 min and did not exactly follow the screens or timing expectations per the software update sheets. The install that actually installed 2.05 did follow the screens on the sheets exactly and the entire install took 10 min which is more in line w/ the sheets.

-I accidentally left the update SD card installed and restarted, resulting in a third install over top of the 2nd install. This 3d install worked w/o reloading the SD card from scratch. When I finally pulled the SD card after 2 installs of 2.05, it had the Lost.Dir in the root as before. Go figure.

Back