Software update ignored

A

Anonymous

Greetings.

I took a brand new SD card, formatted it and copied the five 2.05 upgrade files into the root of the card as instructed.

I inserted the card into the rear SD slot of my TZT2-15 and powered it on.

It boots up normally and seems to "ignore" the SD card. I have tried this many times all without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I am guessing the formatting of the card is wrong or the files are still compressed (zipped).
When formatting an SD card we recommend the Panasonic SD card formatter program found online for free.

Another poster noted that they had difficulty getting the update to run until they used a 32 GB MicroSD card.

This was my experience. After using a myriad of card sizes formatted by various software programs, I bought a 32 GB card, copied the 2.05 files to the root without running a format and it worked on the first try.

FWIW, I used an ancient 2G card and had slightly unexpected results but it eventually worked. Sounds like the unit is sensitive to the SD card used, think I read that somewhere else. Certainly when you find one that works you'll want to put it aside for the next time you need to rev.

I've used different make of memory cards with different formatting.
Finally I was able to run a successful upgrade:
1. Used older 2GB SD from SandDisk
2. Formatted using dedicated SD formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
2.1. In this formatter under 'Options' choose:
- 'FORMAT TYPE' FULL (OverWrite)
- 'FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT OFF

From what I've seen 'FORMAT TYPE" setting seems to be of an essence, as any other make of SD card with any other Option setting will not work for 2.05 upgrade.
Can anyone confirm that this combination of settings works?

Back