SiriusXM Plan expectations

msandrew

I have the SiriusXM Marine Inland plan. All I have figured out to display is wind arrows. I think I’m supposed to be able to display weather radar, but can’t figure out how to show it.

Have swiped up on the weather screen, and “Wx Radar” is ‘US’ with Wx Data & Adv Wx Data ‘on’

Have Weather Data Server = SiriusXM
Have SiriusXM Weather Radar = US Now Radar

On the weather page, tap anywhere on the plotter screen to bring up the context menu. You should see something like "Wx Data >." Tap on the carrot and a drop-down menu should show options for what type of data to display. By default not a lot is turned on initially, see the manual (sec. 13.5) for what options can be displayed vs. our NavCenter.

Ref. sec. 13.3.1: https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... manual.pdf

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

When I touch a spot on the screen and the data box pops up, I get wind speed and direction but also USNowRad type & USNowRad Int are blank with only dashes.

Could this be an indicator why i’m not getting and Weather Radar information displayed?

msandrew":544df8bn said:
Could this be an indicator why i’m not getting and Weather Radar information displayed?

We include some basic diagnostics if you go to Settings > Init. Setup > [SIRIUS DIAGNOSTIC] and then run the [Sirius Weather Diagnostic]. If you run that and it comes up with all 0s, could be a SiriusXM subscription issue (Call SiriusXM and have them reping the box) or it's a wiring issue, if you think it's reception go back one and run the [Sirius Radio Diagnostic] and check the value for "Radio Signal Strength" to see if it's above 0.

Ref. P. 13-16: https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... manual.pdf

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks Maggie,

Am getting full bars on radio reception.

The diagnostic packet count for Weather Data in diagnostics is counting up for most everything since I turned on the MFD this morning. The one in particular that is germane is: WsiNowRad Count, it’s currently at 22, and was at 11 a while ago. Am thinking this may be the radar data??

The ones that remain zero are:
Sea Temp Count
Canadian Radar Count
Observation Station Count
City Count
Wave Count
but my subscription doesn’t include those data items.

Problem solved. Apparently the SiriusXM Marine Inland subscription is incompatible with Furuno weather devices. Had to Upgrade to their Coastal plan.

Back