Settings for Tuna

fishray

Hi can someone tell me what is the best settings for fishing Tuna in very deep.
I have dff1-uhd, with B275lhw transducer. The Tuna are in depths of surface to 300 feet. I do have it set to that range. With manual gain. But I don't know what TVG,Clutter, gain and frequency hi or low chirp? Thanks

fishray,

While there is no "Secret Sounder Settings" to use when fishing for Tuna, here are a few recommendations that may help you for the detection of tuna within the 300-500 feet of a water column:

It is recommended in using both frequencies, Low Frequency and High Frequency when you are fishing for Tuna, and once you locate the schools, then fine tune the frequencies that displays them better.

While you could adjust your TVG, I've found that most Commercial Fisherman normally don't adjust this setting. Try adjust the unit's Range, and the Gain and then Clutter in that order.

Start with the Clutter setting at Zero, then adjust the Range for the depth that you are fishing in. Then you'll want to adjust the Gain until you start to see the Clutter (Blue/Green speckles). At this point, you'll now want to add a little more Gain, and then use more of the Clutter control to clean up the screen as needed.

- Deep Blue :cool

Back