Settings for DFF1-UHD with B175L

brookes

Hi there,

I recently installed a DFF1-UHD with a flush mount B175L for deep drop fishing. So far I have not been able to dial in the settings to optimize the view of the bottom and I have not been able to mark fish. I know this is complicated to answer, but looking for ways to optimize the settings. There are many different settings that need to be adjusted and the manual does not explains things well. Is there any guide/manual available to help understand the different settings and how to adjust them for the type of fishing you are doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also included some pics of what I see on the recorder

Attachments

• IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    857.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    943.2 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 1,032
Brookes,
Thanks for posting the screen shots.
At first glance it appears to have all the characteristics of turbulence.
Can you confirm when the vessel is at the dock that bottom appears unbroken?

Snips

Hi Snips,

That is correct. When the boat is stopped, the bottom is nice and clear. I realize that the flush mount transducer will have a bit of turbulence. I guess I am more interested in a general guide on how to dial in the unit in deeper water to mark fish better, given the many parameters that are adjustable. Has someone printed a guide on how to adjust each setting to achieve the best view of the ocean bottom? I am deep drop fishing in 900'+ of water.

Thanks,
Greg

Brookes,
Sorry to say there really isn't any settings that can over come turbulence. Even a little turbulence can eliminate fish targets when using low frequencies. Below are a few nice examples from an older NavNet system that shows what turbulence can do to targets.

All you can do is start by using more gain than you think you need. This will probably give you more clutter than you are used to seeing but start this way until you can see some deep water targets. Once you do, increase the Clutter setting to suppress most of the speckle but still leaving the fish targets.

Snips

Attachments

• DSCN9009.JPG
    DSCN9009.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 980
  • DSCN8992.JPG
    DSCN8992.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 980
Back