sc 501 not working

japs1973

i have trouble with my sc 501 compass. it shows battery alarm and the compass bowl color turns red. i change the board battery with new one. the battery alarm is gone but still the compass bowl is red buzzing sound and not working. can anybody experience this and how to fix it.tnx

Attachments

• IMG_20240907_193301.jpg
    IMG_20240907_193301.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 4
I've attached the procedure for changing the battery inside the SC501 processor unit. if you didn't do this, you lost your data and must re-configure.

Attachments

• sc50_operators_manual.pdf
    98.7 KB · Views: 3
i already change the battery and missed to press exchange battery on system menu.. is it still ok if i go to exchange battery and start again? how to re-configure?

now it is useless to do because all configurations lost in first time. now for reconfiguration, you need to check the data input type, port selection, locate the data cable to identify the port, etc

suppose if it is connected to port 1 then you have to go into display menu to set port 1 data output setting according to your compass need.

Commercial products are not discussed here on this consumer leisure marine support forum. If you continue to have problems or questions on that device, please contact official support of your local Furuno distributor.

Back