RSB0071 24" Radome question

No, they are not interchangeable.
One is linear processed radar and the other is logarithmic. Some parts inside are the same, but they are NOT interchangeable.

So the -058 is linear thus older and the -057 is logarithmic and for a newer, better system?

And also I would assume the -058 won't work with the VX1 Navnet

The way they do the processing is different. One is not really newer, or better, than the other. The smaller units tend to be linear but not always, and put the clutter/gain/rain processing into the scanner when the other type normally does this video processing within the display. Most radar used on the NN1 will work on the Vx2 and vice versa as long as you stay with the same display type. For example, 7" NN1 display radar will NOT work on a NN1 or Vx2 10.4" or vice versa. There are many things that go into compatibility such as tuning voltages etc... Bottom line is that they are not interchangeable. You would need to locate the correct radar scanner to pair up with your display unit.

Well my radome is from a 1731 Mk 3 and was hoping it would be comparable with a vx1 display. The 1731 Mk 3 came with the boat. What years was this unit in production?

And everywhere I see online it says it is a 4kw but the book I have says 3kw

The 1731MK3 is a 4Kw radar using RSB0071-058 (Linear) scanner. The manual saying 3Kw is a typo. The manual makers tend to cut and paste from prior systems and sometimes things slip. The 1731 was a 3kw. The 1731MK3 was sold around 1996 to 2007. If you PM me the serial number from the display unit, I can tell you it's age. The scanner will work with the NavNet 1 or Vx2; 7 inch displays (that have a radar connector). NOT the 10.4"

hi johnny, i have a RSB 110-070 randome, rainwater got inside,scanner turns but not transmitting.....could you tell me when it was originally sold? i am trying to figure if it is worth repair or replace...serial #R130-1490.....thanks, bill

billmakoj-
Can you provide us the serial number of the display it is connected to? That is how we track the radomes.
If this was not purchased in the US we will not have a record of it.

Back