Route Reverse

CBBeaty

Furuno Fan
Good morning. I have a route saved from Green Turtle in the Abacos to Fort Pierce. When going over, I tap "reverse route" and i get a "fuel capacity alarm". Should I just create a separate route from Fort Pierce to Green Turtle or is there a way to change a setting to avoid this?

Good morning. I have a route saved from Green Turtle in the Abacos to Fort Pierce. When going over, I tap "reverse route" and i get a "fuel capacity alarm". Should I just create a separate route from Fort Pierce to Green Turtle or is there a way to change a setting to avoid this?
My suggestion is that you disable the fuel capacity alarm in the settings instead. It is a pretty annoying feature to be honest because if you alter course temporarily to dodge an obstacle or another boat, it will often trigger the alarm because you are no longer headed for the route destination and the distance to the waypoint becomes infinitely large. I would hope no one is relying on that alarm to determine if they have enough fuel on board to reach their destination.

My suggestion is that you disable the fuel capacity alarm in the settings instead. It is a pretty annoying feature to be honest because if you alter course temporarily to dodge an obstacle or another boat, it will often trigger the alarm because you are no longer headed for the route destination and the distance to the waypoint becomes infinitely large. I would hope no one is relying on that alarm to determine if they have enough fuel on board to reach their destination.
I can't seem to find it in settings. Any help on that would be appreciated

I can't seem to find it in settings. Any help on that would be appreciated
BTW i'm using a Mercury Nema 2000 gateway and monitoring fuel flow and tank balance level so hoping disarming fuel capacity alarm doesn't also disarm my fuel level graph and fuel burn number

@CBBeaty
Home - Settings - Routes - Fuel Max Range (turn it off)
This will not effect your fuel monitoring at all. Only the alarm during routes and the pink circle you might have seen when running a route or a Go-To. I love this feature for long cruising but on my small center console, its not as useful.

That solved it. However i noticed something new. I have a route saved from Green Turtle to Hopetown. Total distance is 20 something miles. THe route banner at the top shows total distance of 200-300 miles? Is that because I keep reversing the route back and forth during the week? Is there a way to reset?

Are you certain that a point some distance away did not get added to the route? I cannot duplicate this symptom on my display by reversing the route or stating and stopping numerous times from both ends of the route.

Are you certain that a point some distance away did not get added to the route? I cannot duplicate this symptom on my display by reversing the route or stating and stopping numerous times from both ends of the route.
You may be on to something. I think the terminus waypoint from US to GTC (entrance to white sound) might be the same waypoint from GTC to Hopetown. I'll check that down at the boat today.

Well here is an update. I deleted the GTC to Hopetown Route to eliminate any duplication possibility. Coming home my Route box at top (in blue) showed the proper distance, time to distance and distance to next point. When I engaged the autopilot it doubled the miles but the time to end distance was right. Further, how do I make the blue box at the top go away? I stopped navigation and it wouldn't go away.

Would appreciate any help

Ops manual explains that that box shows for any open route activated or not. There will always be one open route and the others collapsed as you deal with routes. If you touch a collapsed route it opens and the other collapses. The data at the top relates to the open route. If you are done dealing with routes and want not to show that box at the top; you simple swipe up from the bottom and go to user objects and turn the routes off. The box will go away and the routes will go away and declutter the screen. When you are ready to do routing again, simply swipe up and turn them ON.

Ops manual explains that that box shows for any open route activated or not. There will always be one open route and the others collapsed as you deal with routes. If you touch a collapsed route it opens and the other collapses. The data at the top relates to the open route. If you are done dealing with routes and want not to show that box at the top; you simple swipe up from the bottom and go to user objects and turn the routes off. The box will go away and the routes will go away and declutter the screen. When you are ready to do routing again, simply swipe up and turn them ON.
thank you...I was never closing routes...just pulling up the next one I wanted to use. That must have been the reason for the accumulated miles in the blue box

Back