Creating new route via adding to an existing one

CBBeaty

Furuno Fan
I usually go to the Abacos out of Sebastian. I've got my route dialed in for the autopilot. Due to gas prices, we will trailer down to Pirates cove and leave from there. Is there an easy way to copy a route with a new name and then change a couple of the way points to direct me to ft pierce inlet vs sebastian?

After having mistakenly created duplicate waypoints I'm a little "gun shy" to replicate that dumb move/resulting machine software crash.

Sorry there is no route copy function. You could turn the track from the path taken into a route (TrackBack).

Maybe a bit clunky, but you could export the route and either manually enter it or use a 3rd party software tool and then re-import.

I have iNavX on an iPad that I use for route planning and routinely copy/edit routes. I'm not sure if it duplicates the existing waypoints in the route on import to the Furuno. I did have a problem with my last electronics, but think that was the Garmin devices, not iNavX.

Perhaps one of the mods can chime in - if a route is imported that uses points already defined on the TZT3 (identical name, coordinates, etc.), will those points be duplicated or will the import use existing?

It is okay to have points at the same location but not the same name. If everything, name, location etc is the same the duplicate would be a problem. Using other software like Nobletec or other software is a good suggestion.

actually the easiest fix was to edit the couple of waypoints over the gulf stream to hit st lucie inlet instead of sebastian -

Back