rezboost

A

Anonymous

Hello,
I have been using my new unit now for a few weeks and had a question on rezboost. I am not sure of the exact transducer, but it is a 1kw, and was hooked up to a DFF1 and a NavNet VX2. When I replaced the VX2, I networked the DFF1 to the TZT2. When I go to the sounder screen, rezboost on/off doesn't show up where it looks like it should according to the manual. Does the TZT2 automatically determine if rezboost can be used and if it can't, not even have it as an option? TIA

Only certain transducers are compatible for rezboost (listed under the TZT2 product page under the accessories tab). Please look at your transducer cable near the connector and provide us the part numbers listed on the white Mylar label.

Will do. If it isn't compatible, will rezboost not even show up in the menu? I figured it would just be grayed out.

Johnny Electron":1ij9t82c said:
It will be grayed out.
I wasn't even seeing that. That's what my concern was. I will take a photo next time I'm at the boat. thanks

wiredup55-
Are you using the DFF1 sounder box or the internal TZT2 sounder?

Melville":1rtt22t8 said:
wiredup55-
Are you using the DFF1 sounder box or the internal TZT2 sounder?
I am using the DFF1 box for now. I would need to get an extension cord to get direct from the transducer cable that goes into the DFF1 to about 6' over to the TZT2. Right now I am networking the DFF1 to the TZT2 ethernet port.

If you are looking at the DFF1, Rezboot isn't an option so wont show up.
Furuno offers a 4 meter (10Pin) extension part number AIR-033-203 or a 10 meter extension 000-142-503 if you need to order one.

Gotcha, ok, so have to go directly from the transducer to TZT2 for rezboost to show up. I will need to order the cable, thanks.

Correct. Basically the TZT2 sounder has the rezboost ability (with suitable transducer) and the DFF1 doesn't, no matter what.

Johnny Electron":3cbr24zh said:
Correct. Basically the TZT2 sounder has the rezboost ability (with suitable transducer) and the DFF1 doesn't, no matter what.
I was just at the boat, the cable going into the DFF1 is AIR-033-204. Looks like the 10 pin cable.

Back