Replacement Autopilot Controller

FOCUS01

Raymarine ST6000+ screen has burnt out so looking for a new controller to compliment the rest of Furuno electronics onboard.

Ideally heading control would be via Hemisphere V103 compass over the N2K network.
The existing Raymarine pump and plumbing are to be utilised until the next upgrade.
Am guessing that a replacement to the Raymare rudder position feedback is required.

Any suggestions, I am waiting to depart from Malaysia to Bali and it is going to be a long trip without autopilot.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Using the Raymarine pump and plumbing should be no issue. But you don't mention what autopilot computer you have and that will determine compatibility with a new controller (replacement for the ST6000+). Since that is a old controller, my guess is you have a pretty old computer (maybe SPX or S1/S2/S3).

Having recently been through this on two other boats, you'll find this link very helpful to find out if a modern controller (P70x) will work with your existing computer. If not, you may have to go the eBay route.

https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=729&highlight=SPX10+RAYFAQ#

One other suggestion, there are services that will repair the screen on old devices. Could be an option, but when comparing recently for a friend, we decided to just replace the unit from eBay.

I assume your current computer is setup to use the Hemisphere V103 compass over N2K? I don't know anything about that compass but getting an old Raymarine computer to work on N2K can be tricky (I abandoned one project like that).

Am leaning toward the Navpilot 300 at the moment.
Furuno Malaysia have no stock and showed little interest in sourcing a unit for me so I have contacted the good people at ENL in Auckland and hope they can courier to me early next week.

Running TZ Pro on a Panasonic Toughbook so there should not be any issues with it talking to each other.
I ended up going with the Hemisphere compass instead of a Furuno unit as the whole system is more survey oriented and I am running a WASSP multibeam.

Fingers crossed I can make my trip before weather changes.

Got it, wasn't clear that you were looking to replace the pilot system (controller + computer) with Furuno gear. I think the 300 might be geared toward smaller boats. I have the 711c on my 43' sportfish.

What are the details on the pump currently being used? Do you have the model#?

Is a Raymarine type 1 drawing app. 19 amps so 300 won't cut it, just ordered a 711C from WJM Marine who had them on sale, there was nothing available from Furuno in the region and I hope to get it within a week.

Agreed the 300 would not have enough current. While the 300 is in stock the 711C is still coming in slowly due to the component shortages. While supplies have been recovering the 711C is still one of the items that has a backorder here as well.

Back