remote turn on?

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
Is it possible to use a momentary input like on my TZT16's to power up the 711 c/FAP7002? I do not see anything in the manual for it. Basically one switch/button to power up the entire Furuno system?

While the TZT16s can be wired to a momentary switch on the multi cable, the NavPilot has no way to do that.

While the TZT16s can be wired to a momentary switch on the multi cable, the NavPilot has no way to do that.
Somehow I never noticed this capability. Are you saying that the purple and brown wires in the multicable can be used to power on the MFDs? So I could have the purple wire from three MFDs connected to one momentary switch and apply 12V to them and all three units would turn on instead of having to use the power buttons on the face of each unit?

You would NOT use 12v at all. The Purple and Brown wire would just go to a simple momentary switch and it would allow you to power up a unit or hit it while it is ON it would bring up the shutdown option on screen just like the normal power button at the front of the machine.

Okay, thanks. But just to be clear, it is okay to have those purple and brown leads from more than one unit connected to a single switch?

Yes, it is okay. Just keep each color together on each side of the momentary switch. It shouldn't be a normal switch. A momentary button or momentary spring loaded switch is what is needed.

Back