Receiving anchor alarm from TZT3 in aft stateroom

Gyrfalcon

Hi--
We have a TZT3. Due to steel bulkheads and the length of our boat (88ft), we cannot get access to the TZT3 LAN to receive signal on an ipad in the aft stateroom. This is problematic for the anchor alarm. With the old TZT1, we used a baby monitor in the pilothouse and the aft stateroom. The alarm on the TZT3 is quieter and the baby alarm doesn't really pick it up well, so we're actually worse off. Is there an output from the TZT3 that could be plugged into a LAN extender halfway towards the stern? This is how we have our regular internet set up, and we have access throughout the boat. Alternatively, would a plug in repeater work to get the LAN 30 feet back to the stateroom? Thanks.

When you say LAN, it seems that you are talking about wireless LAN (aka wi-fi)? If so there is no option for that. My suggestion would be to run a simple twisted pair wire and connect a buzzer to the red and grey wires on the multi cable. Furuno doesn't offer wireless alarm or wifi extender.

Update on this--we tried using a repeater to get the TZT signal to the aft stateroom on an ipad using the N-remote Navnet app. We were able to extend the signal using the repeater to the salon and received/control the TZT3 remotely, but the signal still didn't reach the stateroom. Unfortunately, one repeater wasn't enough, and they didn't seem to work in tandem. Incidently, when the anchor alarm goes off on the ipad, it is silent, so extending the signal aft would still need to be supplemented by a buzzer.

i have used TZ iBoat in my stateroom to monitor the anchor alarm in the pilothouse. I think you probably need internet to do this but iBoat is a great app and the latest version has some features that TZT3 lacks (eg option to have beacon lights flas on screen.

We've also found that TZ iBoat talks to the TZT3 to have the same anchor alarm on both. And the iBoat alarm is loud enough (as long as we remember to turn up the iPad volume). But that doesn't help if the iPad and TZT3 can't talk to each other over wifi. Although, if you have extra iPads: put one running iBoat in the pilot house, and listen to that via baby monitor in the aft stateroom.

Hi--
We ended up running wires to our stateroom, and connecting a Blue Sea buzzer. Works like a charm. There's absolutely no way to sleep through it, and we don't have the baby alarm issue of extraneous electronic noise all night.

Back