RDP149 freezing up.

buy2ls

Have two units on the network, when one freezes up the other does it too. Sounder and Radar seem to be unaffected. Very slow boot up times as well. One thing I did notice that when the chart chip is removed they seem much more stable and responsive

Attachments

• IMG_9495.jpeg
    IMG_9495.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9496.jpeg
    IMG_9496.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
What is the full software version loaded into the unit? Do you have a photo of the chart card and what it says on the top?

Now this one unit boots to a dark screen, pull the chip out and it boots

Attachments

• IMG_9500.jpeg
    IMG_9500.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Either Map chip should work but first step is to get the unit updated. That has 2005 software in it. It is super old v1.06 software. The newest C-map software is v4.03. The lock up has a good chance of being the antique software but it also could be cause by poor configuration where data is being looped back to the source device via one of the NMEA ports or network. One step at a time. That software must be updated.

The card reader must work to update the unit. The software is posted under the product page by model of the radar or plotter. You can use 1934C/NT as a suitable part number.

got a 2g formatted it using FAT downloaded files (3 total) put it in machine no beep no nothing. What now?

Software must be too old for the current package to update. Call tech support and ask they send you C-map conversion software and that should work.

Called in today and confirmed that I do have the correct files downloaded, was instructed to clear memories by holding Alarm key and boot and Clear key and boot. Two separate actions. Still won’t accept update. But did confirm that both card readers are working. Pics show one unit without card and one with.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9519.jpeg
    IMG_9519.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
I think sparky is right and you are going to need conversion software because you have 1.06 software and it is just too old.

Back