RDP-039 versus GP-1900C

robjl

I've always wondered....what is the difference between
a RDP-139 and a GP-1900C ?
Is it just that a 1833C includes a RDP 139 and a radar antenna whereas the 1900C is a stand alone unit... or can a radar be attached?

The RDP139 is a NavNet 1, 10.4" display unit.
It is used as part of many model number systems from just a plotter (GP1900C or GP1900C/NT) to the largest NN1 radar system (1953C or 1953C/NT).

Thanks Johnny,
so why do units for say a 1833C have a label on the back that says RDP-139
yet on other RDP139 s the label says GD1900..?

It just indicates how it was originally sold but the display is the same.
The 1833C is an RDP139 programmed for Navionics with scanner cable and 24in 4kw dome.

GD means it was sold as a display only (Graphics Display)
GP means it was sold with a GPS antenna (Graphics Plotter)
If sold with radar it was given a Radar model number (like 1833C)

Thanks,
I have one of each of the above and apart from the writing on the back I could not for the life of me find any difference....so now I know, there isn't any. On another issue, One of the track balls is starting to get a bit scratchy, I have removed the whole assembly, cleaned, and replaced it but I reckon its had its day. Looking on the net(ebay) I can only find trackball assemblies for VX2. Are the Navnet (1) and VX2 assemblies the same? Is any software involved in a replacement.
Cheers & congratulations on the site.

Yes, the 10.4" NN1, Vx2 and black box NN1/Vx2 units all use the same trackball assembly.
There is no software involved in the replacement.

Cheers & congratulations on the site.

:D :jump

Johnny Electron":f2iurtph said:
It just indicates how it was originally sold but the display is the same.
The 1833C is an RDP139 programmed for Navionics with scanner cable and 24in 4kw dome.

GD means it was sold as a display only (Graphics Display)
GP means it was sold with a GPS antenna (Graphics Plotter)
If sold with radar it was given a Radar model number (like 1833C)

So is it safe to say that if I wanted to upgrade a GD1700C to a larger dislplay, I could buy a used GD1900C or an RDP139 Display and either would work (to slave off of my existing RDP139 Display/Radar...) Currently I have a working RDP139 (main helm) and a GD1700C on the flybridge and I'd like a bigger display up top as well. Thank you.

Back