RD149

JakeP

Hi I run twin RD149's in my boat and I am pretty new to Furuno , my last boat had Lowrance units in , I use these units to run charts and a 1kw transducer , I Also have an 1850W which runs a airmar P66 which I use for reading depth while travelling, My question is threefold
1) How do I get my unit to store my tracks ? I am in Australia on the west coast and I fish late afternoons and nights returning to Port early mornings mostly in the dark ,one part of my journey takes me out past the rig tender moorings ,I would like to plot a safe course through and then have it on the plotter forever , I have a 2007 and a 2005 Cmaps NT cards in the units.
2) How do I create trip logs my Yammy gauges do a trip log but I would like to log my trip on my RD149's .
3) Is it worth upgrading to Cmaps Max or Changing to Navionics Gold , if I change can I just plug the Navionics cards into the units and they will work or do I need a driver of some sort .

1) How do I get my unit to store my tracks ? I am in Australia on the west coast and I fish late afternoons and nights returning to Port early mornings mostly in the dark ,one part of my journey takes me out past the rig tender moorings ,I would like to plot a safe course through and then have it on the plotter forever , I have a 2007 and a 2005 Cmaps NT cards in the units.

VX2 Tracks.JPG

2) How do I create trip logs my Yammy gauges do a trip log but I would like to log my trip on my RD149's .

On the VX2, you have to set it up on the data box and it will start going for you once setup.

VX2 Trip Log.JPG

3) Is it worth upgrading to Cmaps Max or Changing to Navionics Gold , if I change can I just plug the Navionics cards into the units and they will work or do I need a driver of some sort.

CMAP Max chart cards would not work. Navionics Gold will work but those cards are no longer sold.

Thank you for the reply apologies for being late with it I’ve been working too much and fishing not enough cheers for your help much appreciated

Back