Range lock to prevent ' bouncing ' - TZT3 internal sounder

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
Can you consider adding a range lock to prevent the ' bouncing ' associated with momentary loss of bottom while on plane? I have a thru hull transducer but unfortunately sometimes when on plane running from one spot to the next, depending on the sea state, the signal may be lost for just a second.

What happens then is the range immediately tries to auto-zoom and auto-scale itself to show the bottom. Even if I am selecting manual range and manual gain!

So it makes the screen basically un-readable because it's just bouncing up and down over and over, so I can't make any use of the sounder at all.

I can lock the range on my old FCV-585, and I never used to have this problem.

Is there any way you can consider adding a range lock?

Good afternoon,
You can the TZT3 in Manual Range. To do this, Swipe up from the bottom while on your fish finder screen and turn Auto Range Off. You will then be able to set what range you would like the fish finder to be on and adjust that range as needed.

mattology":1jaoos7h said:
Re-read my post again. I specifically stated the problem occurs in manual range as well.

I know exactly what you are talking about as it will happen to me with the TZT 2 in my little boat in auto range once the waves get bigger than a foot or two. However, if I set the sounder to a manual range deeper than the actual bottom, the problem goes away. Perhaps there is something else going on. Other settings that might have an effect could be the bottom level setting in the sounder initial setup menu and the bottom search mode setting. I don't know if those would have any effect but it might be worth trying.

I will record some video to attempt to show what I am talking about.

Perhaps I need to set the manual range to really deep, like, really deep to see a possible triple echo, and then use the marker zoom to actually zoom in and see what I want to see?

When running manual, ensure you also turn off the advanced features (Accu-fish, BD, Enhanced Rezboost) because they all turn on both freqs and automatic controls to do their special functions.

The transducer used when the bouncing primarily happens is a B164 thru hull that has no additional features such as AF / BD / RB.

When back in country, I will try my best to take some recordings to show what I am talking about.

Back