Radar Heading True not Magnetic

yachtfixer

TZT 3 unit recently installed. Software updated to V3.01. The radar heading is displaying a true heading instead of magnetic, please see photo. Oddly enough the data box heading shows magnetic. I'm sure it's probably a setting. But after looking through all the settings several times, I don't seem to be able to find it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7701 1.JPG
    IMG_7701 1.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 1,267
It is not a setting that you are missing or an error. The only options available for the ring are true or relative.

Ok, I found that setting, wish there a magnetic setting. So, please look at the EBL in the photo. Notice the data box is indicating the EBL line is at 253.3 M (magnetic) and is positioned as such on the radar bearing ring. However, the radar heading ring is set to True. Just a glitch?
Thanks once again.

It is designed that way so not a glitch.
If you have time, please make that suggestion in our product suggestion area! Product Development does monitor it and maybe there are others with the same desires as you.
viewforum.php?f=18

The ring around the radar is True or Relative and selected in the Radar Menu under "Bearing Scale Mode". This is the feature that could be requested to have Magnetic added as an option.

The data box for HDG or COG is Magnetic or True and tied to each other under "Bearing Display" in the Units Menu.

The EBL should be True or Relative. This is selected under "EBL Reference" in the Radar Menu. I did just confirm that if you have magnetic selected for the Bearing Scale Mode, the EBL will erroneously show an M indicating Magnetic when it is indeed sitting on True.

Good catch yachtfixer and good looking out hiccup

Back