Position on MFD12 doesn't match data source

gsalgado

Hi there!

I have just bought a boat with an mfd12 (running the latest version of the software) configured as a master, with a GP 320B connected to its 1st nmea input and configured as the data source for position. On the MFD12 install Wizard I watch the data coming from the GPS and that matches what I see in another display I have connected to the GPS, but when running the position shown on the top right corner of the MFD is off by more than a degree. Is the MFD getting that position from somewhere else? Or is it for some reason modifying the data sent by the GPS? Or something else altogether?

Any suggestions on how to further track this down would be greatly appreciated as well!

Best regards,
Guilherme

I would first say, ensure you are looking at the GPS data in the NavData box and NOT the cursor box. Since 2008 when the NN3D came out, it is a common that people look at the wrong box for position and think the location is off. The cursor box is at the top right and not your GPS position. That is the position of the cursor. Move the cursor and watch it change.

Yeah, I was looking at that data box indeed! Not the best UX when it's your first time on a furuno MFD, I'd say, but thanks a lot, Johnny!

Back