PBG: Missing Multibeam Depth Data error

sailence

Any idea why PBG isnt working? have scx20, tzt3 12", dff3d w/ tm54 transon mount transducer installed on a catamaran.

sailence":1xdfannp said:
Any idea why PBG isnt working? have scx20, tzt3 12", dff3d w/ tm54 transon mount transducer installed on a catamaran.

Is the PBG not working at all? Does your multi-beam sonar work normally otherwise? Do you have depth contours set to DF-3D on the chart settings?

I have seen that error for two reasons. One is if there is some turbulence interfering with the sounder for example from putting the boat in reverse. The other was due to the speed filter setting. Go into the multi-beam sounder menu and check if the speed filter is turned on and what speed it is set at. If you go faster than the filter speed, you will get the error message.

We have it enabled, the cut off was set to do so at 20, we were going around 5.

The multibeam sonar does work.

Hello

I just took my boat out on the water for a first commissioning trip with all the new systems and i was receiving this same error constantly also, and was not able to get PBG to record on either of my units.
The DFF3D was working at least for showing multibeam and 3d sounder mario64 style history modes

Hello,

I thought I would update this

I got the PBG working, I just went out and it started recording. I had to turn it off and back on and it records really well from around 4 to 7 knots.

the error still shows up some times, but I go back over the area and then it goes away.

Also I disable PBG recording when I am going to go up on plane.

mattology":ckhxl4dx said:
Hello,
Also I disable PBG recording when I am going to go up on plane.

Curious as to why you are disabling PBG up on plane? I record at speeds of up to 22 knots. (Most of my cruising is actually done around 19-20 knots) In fact I turned off my track lines and just use the PBG to tell me where I have been unless I am very specifically fishing an area and want to get a whole lot closer to covering the same ground where I found a good bite.

I have the transom mounted 165t-tm54 transducer and i get a little too much turbulence and noise while on plane.

Hello, i thought i would add some more to this now that I've been PBG'ing a good bit more

This error seems to come up pretty commonly when in less than 20 feet of water.

As long as you're getting clean sonar returns, and you're traveling in a relatively smooth path, i almost never experience this error in water deeper than 20 feet.

Back