PAIRED SIDE SCAN CHIRP TRANSDUCERS AVAILABILITY

sdonx

Furuno Fan
When will the paired transducers be available?
I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I think the model is 225T-PR904.

sdonx,

The latest information for the release of the 225T-PR904 225KHZ SIDE SCAN STAINLESS PAIRED THRU-HULL w/FAIRBLOCK TRANSDUCERS is for mid-2023.

- Deep Blue :)

Is there a work around for larger boats. I have a 40' Cabo. I don't think I have a spot for 180* single transducer.

Here is what I have.
Options for a single would be thru middle of keel... yikes
Or just to one side and build way down... yikes again.

I think the first idea with a fiberglass guy would be best. I need to keep back as far as possible due to Marina trailer set up.

Or just wait for the pairs. I have two fairings now, hate to add two more.

hull thumbnail_IMG_5232.jpg

hull thumbnail_IMG_5231.jpg

hull thumbnail_IMG_5230.jpg

The bottom of my 37' express looks almost identical to that. On this boat I have relegated to waiting on the pair with fairing blocks and doing it correctly. On my 46' sportfish it has a perfect V all the way to the keel. This boat I will be putting a single thru hull in on the keel with some re-inforced glasswork to build the transducer into the center of the V. This work will be happening right after the bluefin season closes in NC.

Thanks Gstang, Next I am going to measure the width of my small keel. If its >= 2". I may try to install there and build up fiberglass if needed, back enough not to be hit with the trailer cross members for launch and haul.

Keel is 2.25" I am going to ask my marina guys to see how far the cross beam on the trailer comes back. If it's ok I will cut out a slot to mount the transducer in the keel. I am thinking one would be much better than two. No fairing needed and only one more hole in hull. At this point I will be running 4 transducers...yikes.
1.) One Chirp B275
2.) One 3D
3.) This side scan one
4.) I have a 1150 that I will run a 2kw 28 hrtz for deep water.

I also have a B164 that is not getting used. I may try and connect that one also.

sdonx,

This is the coverage that the 230kHz CHIRP Side-Scan Transducer is going to provide you:

Furuno 230khz Sidescan.jpg

I hope this information is helpful..? :think

- Deep Blue

Great Thank you.
That's perfect full 180* coverage out to 700-ish yards.

So the "Down Scan" is my 3D transducer?

sdonx,

Yes you are correct. This is an example of the coverage that is provided with the DFF3D's Down Scan:

DFF3D Down Scan.jpg

- Deep Blue

Deep Blue, I am debating mounting two different ways.
#1 out the bottom of the keel fully exposed (more susceptible to damage) possible cleaner waterflow?
#2 recessed into the keel (protected) would this cause more bubbling?, as I need to keep the sides exposed 180*? Not sure how smooth it would be too.

thumbnail_IMG_5490.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5231.jpg

Because you have other transducers on both sides of your vessel, including engine inlets, this is where I would recommend placing the Side-Scan Transducer:
Transducer Placement.jpg

sodox,

Hey, that's a great location..! Once you splash the boat, if you would please provide some good pictures of the side-scan in action..?

- Deep Blue.

Back