NXT DRS4D - Target Anaylzer Function

Sdpaddler50

On longer trips, the Target Anaylzer function will not stay on. I did a 10 hour run yesterday and found that simply turning the radar off for a few seconds, then back on and repeating this every few hours solved the problem and the TA feature stayed on. I also found this reboot (on/off) helped with targets in general, and more solid returns. I cant explain it, maybe its just my system but throwing it out there in case others had the same issue.

Odd. Very good GPS fix is required for TA. Maybe your GPS fix is not as good and it drops the TA. Check the sat status screen of the GPS and look at the HDOP when working and not working. If the HDOP is higher when not working, then most likely your problem. Causes would be someone placing the GPS antenna in the beam of the radar or other RF source too close to the GPS antenna. There are many poor installs where the GPS lasts for about three years due to being placed inside the radar beam transmission. The more blasted the more damage to the front end amplifier and the fix get less accurate until it goes out completely. Heading is not needed for TA but good GPS is a requirement. While you might not lose position, if not high enough level it will drop your TA.

Back