NMEA 0183 interface cable

albiemanmike

I am looking for the correct part number for the interface cable so that I can connect my NavNet VX2 display to my Standard Horizon AIS VHF radio? I seem to have found this one 000-154-028 but also found several other cables while searching on other internet sites? Are there more than one part number that will work to interface these two devices? Thank you!

The AIS needs to go into port 2. The proper cable is 000-154-054.

Melville,
Thank you for your reply. But I have a vague recollection that I needed a 7-pin cable for some reason? I have an electronic compass already interfaced to the unit for heading and overlay so do I still use the port you are suggesting? I remember one cable was relatively inexpensive but the other one was expensive and that was the one I needed? Any help would be very much appreciated.

This topic has discussed on this forum many times in the past. 10.4" Vx2 units need to be updated to the newest software and have AIS input into data port 2 (6 pin) with the baud rate set up for 48,400. The 7" Vx2 uses data one for AIS (7 pin). I think the larger confusion is no one knows which size Vx2 your question is about.

Back